With the First Half organisation kicking off again I thought I would update you on the rules of club members running in the race.
We have some changes for this year so the details are:
- If you are a paid club member for 2015 you have a guaranteed race entry for 2016.
- Members can register during special registration dates as stated on the website, roughly November 18 – January 24.
- If you do not intend to be a club member in 2016 you should register in the general registration.
The rules are:
- You must be a paid club member as of September 1, 2015.
- You must pay your 2016 membership dues before you get your code to enter the race.
- You must register your intent to run by December 31, 2015.
- You should try to complete at least two volunteer shifts. There are plenty of Saturday jobs and post race jobs to do including tear down and packing the trucks. There will be volunteer roles leading up to the race as well. Please be proactive and volunteer, don’t make me come looking for you 🙂
- If you are on the race committee that requires you to be present on race day, then you shouldn’t register.
- Club member registrations are not transferable.
- I may have forgotten something so I reserve the right to make changes 🙂
The committee is trying to make the race as accessible as possible to club members but please understand that the race is based on people volunteering so we are trying to find the balance. All of the club subsidies and our low membership costs come from the funding that the race provides.