Whilst we want everyone to enjoy their day we have to put in place a few rules to keep you all safe and the event fun for all racers.
We use the BC Athletics Race Guidelines but here are some frequent things we are asked about:
- You must be wearing a bib that is registered in your name. This is a safety issue. We allow transfers up until 16 hours before the race. Click for info
- There is a 3 hour time limit. The course will be closed promptly at 11:30 am
- Race walkers are only permitted if they expect to finish in under 3 hours.
- No early start for walkers.
- Athletes should be over 16 years of age by the end of the race year
- We regret that the race is not suitable for recreational walkers, strollers, baby joggers, or rollerbladers.
- If you have any special needs, please contact the race before registering.
- No pets allowed on the course.
- No selfie sticks.
- No drones (yes we get asked).
- No littering. In and around the aid station, we will pick up cups and packets, but for the rest of the course you should carry your litter to the next station.
This is not an exhaustive list but a good guide. If you are thinking about running the race in or with anything beyond normal running apparel then please contact us beforehand.
Breaking any of these rules holds a very real chance of disqualification.
Thank you for your help in keeping the day safe and fun.