The Pacific Road Runners 29th First Half Half Marathon to raise funds for Variety – The Children’s Charity will occur on February 11, 2018 between 8:30 am and 12:00 pm.
The area around the Roundhouse Community Centre and David Lam Park will be the hub of activity with approximately 2500 people in the area between 8:00 AM and 12:00 pm. Residents will have unrestricted vehicle access in and out of the area after approximately 9:00 am via Nelson and Davie Streets. Vancouver Police and course marshals will be on hand to control pedestrian and vehicle traffic at all intersections on the race route for the duration of the event.
ROAD CLOSURES AND TIMES (all times are approximate)
- Pacific Blvd: Eastbound traffic only
- Homer to Drake, 5:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Drake to Cambie, 5:30 am to 9:00 am
- Cambie to Abbott, 8:15 am to 9:00 am
- Pacific Blvd: Eastbound traffic only (Eastbound traffic will be diverted at Seymour St)
- Granville to Homer, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Drake St: Full closure
- Pacific to Marinaside, 5:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Expo Blvd:
- Abbott to Cambie, 8:20 am to 9:00 am
- Granville St: (Intermittent traffic control with Vancouver Police)
- Pacific to Beach, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Beach Ave: Eastbound traffic only (access to Aquatic Centre maintained with VPD assistance)
- Granville to Thurlow, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Cambie Bridge/Pacific Blvd East off-ramp: Northbound traffic only, southbound bridge traffic will remain open
- W 6th Ave to Pacific Blvd 8:20 am to 9:00 am
- Smithe St:
- Pacific Blvd to Beatty, 8:20 am to 9:00 am
TEMPORARY PARKING RESTRICTIONS (beginning at 5:30 am) for the following areas – please ensure all vehicles are removed by this time:
- Pacific Blvd, south side (eastbound lanes) from Granville St to Abbott St.
- Davie St, west side, south of Pacific Blvd.
- Drake St, both sides from Pacific Blvd to Marinaside Dr.
- Granville St, both sides from Pacific Blvd to Beach Avenue.
- Beach Ave, both sides from Granville St to Howe St.
- Nelson St, both sides, from Expo Blvd and Pacific Blvd.
RESIDENTIAL ACCESS/EGRESS INFORMATION
- From 08:30 to 08:45 access and egress to 100 Drake, 100 Davie and 1000 – 1100 Marinaside will be via Nelson St, with assistance of Vancouver Police. From 9:00 am onward, Davie St will be open to vehicular traffic
- Buildings that exit directly onto Beach or the eastside of Pacific Blvd will be provided with a course marshal who will ensure safe entrance to or exit from the building at the earliest safe opportunity. As a reminder, all eastbound travel lanes will be closed.
- Vancouver Police will be on hand at all intersections along the race route. Residents could experience brief delays as runners pass-by. We thank you for your patience and assistance during this time.