Pacific Road Runners accepts applications for entry from elite athletes. Our objective is to provide national caliber athletes with the opportunity to compete, and meet the selection criteria for national teams in 2017.
The following conditions apply:
- Application requests must be received no later than Wednesday January 17, 2018. Final entires must be registered by Sunday January 21, 2018, no exceptions.
- Elite entries are not transferable.
- An elite athlete is defined as:
- A male who has run sub 1:10 for the half marathon or equivalent on a certified course in the past 12 months. Equivalents are 31:40 (10K) or 2:30 (marathon).
- A female who has run sub 1:20 for the half marathon or equivalent on a certified course in the past 12 months. Equivalents are 36:20 (10K) or 2:50 (marathon).
- Any former overall winner of the First Half (male or female).
To request an elite entry, please apply to email@example.com, including details of qualifying performances. Please let us know as early as possible if you plan to enter, as this will help our event planning.
Cash prizes go to the top men and women overall ($800, $500, $300, $200, $100).
A $1,500 bonus prize is available to any man or woman who sets a new First Half course record. Our current record holders are:
|Men’s Record:||1:04:22||Dylan Wykes, 2012|
|Women’s Record:||1:12:47||Tina Connelly, 2004|
Please note that all athletes must have their own identification to enter and exit the country. No letters of invitation or authorization will be forwarded.
Pacific Road Runners reserves the right to deny entry.