Pacific Road Runners (PRR) is a recreational running club, with members interested in leading a fit and active lifestyle combined with social events. We compete, but we don’t enter expecting to win. We’re more interested in achieving personal goals and having fun doing it. We provide a safe, supportive group with which to train. Our runners cover a variety of pace groups with 10k race times ranging between approximately 37-62 minutes.
We meet at 5:55pm on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, year round, sun, rain or snow at the False Creek Community Centre on Granville Island in Vancouver. The community centre has changing rooms with lockers, showers and saunas. There is some free parking close to the community centre.
After most Tuesday runs a bunch of us meet for food/drinks at a nearby establishment. Tuesday is the best evening for newcomers to join us. More info.
Here are some of PRR’s social events:
- An organized club dinner on the second Tuesday of each month (after our run, of course)
- Grouse Grind climb and social in June
- July picnic/barbecue at a local beach
- An awesome Christmas party
- Trivia nights at Manchester Public Eatery
- Various other activities throughout the course of each year.
We participate in a wide variety of races, including team and relay events, mostly locally but also in other areas.
Here’s just a small sampling of some of our favourite races over the years:
- Birch Bay Road Race (just across the border) in late March
- Vancouver Sun Run in April
- Longest Day 5k/10k (UBC) in June
- Miracle Mile race and picnic at Balaclava Park in August
- Team relays such as the Whistler 50, Ragnar Relay (Washington), Hood to Coast (Oregon)
PRR members have travelled to many marathons: Boston, Portland, Seattle, Victoria, Chicago, New York and others… even the wine-connoisseurs’ Marathon du Médoc in France!
We also have a contingent of trail enthusiasts who often meet for Sunday morning runs (the North Shore mountains being a favourite area) and participate in trail races in B.C. and the western States.
To really find out what we’re about, come join us on a Tuesday evening for a good run and a good social get-together afterwards! We look forward to meeting you.